Date:      Mon, 05 Jul 1999 11:41:49 +0200
From:      Michel Quadflieg <michel@quadspeed.com>
To:        Norman <Norman.Hasler@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mounting the parallel zip drive

Norman wrote:

> hello,
> i´ve read int the faq the tip for mounting zip drives
>
> For mounting my parallel port zip i done this as root :
>
> mount -t msdos /dev/da0s4 /zip
>
> ( iám running freebsd 3.1 with the generic kernel and the default shell
>   and i had made the /zip directory before )
>
> the system reported:
>
> drive is not configured
>
> please help me to find out where i done the mistake

The problem is that you are using the GENERIC kernel you have to make an
customized one.

Enter these lines in your custom Kernel:
# Supported devices:
# vpo   Iomega Zip Drive
#       Requires SCSI disk support ('scbus' and 'da'), best
#       performance is achieved with ports in EPP 1.9 mode.

controller      ppbus0
controller      vpo0    at ppbus?
device          lpt0    at ppbus?
device          plip0   at ppbus?
device          ppi0    at ppbus?
device		lpbb0   at ppbus?
controller      scbus0
device          da0

Or something like that...
Then make your kernel reboot and then it will work.....

Greetings

Michel