Date:      Mon, 05 Nov 2007 14:48:17 -0600
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        deeptech71@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss

deeptech71@gmail.com wrote:
> Josh Paetzel wrote:
>> On Sunday 04 November 2007 14:10:31 deeptech71@gmail.com wrote:
>>> What does it take to transition to the international standard for
>>> representing times?
>>>
>>> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html
>>
>> alias date to date +%Y-%m-%d I suppose.
>>
>> In reality how difficult it is for you to transition to using the
>> international standard for representing times depends on how much
>> software you have that you need to migrate to it and how difficult
>> interoperability will be with systems you don't control.
>>

> If UNIX, BSDs, Sun, Apple, Microsoft, etc. all agreed to represent times
> using the standard, and rewrite all config files to use that notation,
> whatsoever... ?

"What's a 'config file', which department thought that one up, and what
is marketing doing to get ready for its release?

And, are you actually discussing this before we get a patent?"

   --- attributed to Steve Ballmer, November 2007

;-)

Kevin Kinsey
--
The pollution's at that awkward stage.
Too thick to navigate and too thin to cultivate.