Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2013 22:32:58 +0200
From:      Laura Marie Feeney <lmfeeney@sics.se>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org" <freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org>, Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@freebsd.org>, "Sergey A. Osokin" <osa@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: suspend/resume on Lenovo X1 (regression from reports on wiki)

On 08/27/13 21:54, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Hi!

Hi Adrian,

> Can you try 9.0-RELEASE? ANd 9.1-RELEASE?

I tried suspend/resume (less systematically) with 9.1-RELEASE and didn't
have success.  I can build minimal kernels for both 9.1 and 9.0 and will
report (probably not tonight).  Unfortunately, the SuspendResume wiki
isn't completely clear about what build was used - perhaps the folks who
reported will be able to clarify.

  > When you get a panic on resume - how do you know that? Can you get a
> photo of it?

The machine seems to suspend (slow pulsing power light).  When I resume,
the machine reboots and that's the first screen that's visible.

I don't find a core in /var/crash and savecore says there isn't one, so
it must be a quite hard reset.

/var/log/messages has nothing after the
...acpi: suspend at date time

other than the new kernel booting.

Since the reset_video is deprecated, I'm not sure this is too
meaningful.  I just tried it because it's required on older systems.

Best,
Laura