Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 2003 22:21:16 -0500
From:      taxman <taxman@acd.net>
To:        Rus Foster <rghf@fsck.me.uk>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How good is Linux Binary Compatibility?

On Tuesday 01 April 2003 07:40 am, Rus Foster wrote:
> Hi All,
> I've got a few minutes going spare so I thought that I would try and see
> if it is possible to bootstrap a chroot-ed debian install under 4.7. Has
> anyone tried this before with any luck or is this just going to be a
> learning expierence for me?

Unless the linux section of the handbook is out of date:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/linuxemu.html#LINUXEMU-SYNOPSIS

linux compatibility is not to that level yet.  It doesn't implement all of the
linux syscalls, especially those relating to intensive hardware use, so I'm
guessing it wouldn't be able to run a whole system inside.

Tim