Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2000 20:48:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@nwlink.com>
To:        rwiater@bcn.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 rwiater@bcn.net wrote:

> Dear FreeBSD;
>
> I have just istalled FreeBSD 4.1 on my system.
>
> The problem I have is my mouse jumps around.
>
> what is wrong.

Perhaps you have a cat on your box? Try typing 'cat' at the command prompt
if you get a newline then type some characters and hit return.  If cat
mimicks what you just typed then you know you have a mean cat on your box.
She is probably scaring the mouse.

Just hit CTRL-C to kill the cat. Of course, cat has nine lives so you will
have to kill it nine times.

Everyone knows that cat and mouse don't mix well.  You may have to get rid
of one of them.  I would keep cat as it is much more useful than mouse.
In any case, I would try to keep the mouse as far away from the box as the
cable will allow.

:)

Thank you,
Jason C. Wells