Date:      Tue, 16 May 2000 10:22:14 -0500
From:      "Alejandro Ramirez" <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        "Paul D Kruse" <paul@pcslink.com>, <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: MRTG, MIBs, snmpget...

Hi,

> Still have not resolved the issue where MRTG no longer monitors the
> PVCs/VCIs on my Cisco 3810 w/ IOS 12.0.  Do you think it has anything to
do
> with the snmp version on my Free BSD box?  Do I have to install updated
MIBs
> or something on the Free BSD box for snmp to recognize the new ATM
> functionality in IOS 12.0?  I can do a "snmpget host community oid" and
see
> the ATM interface / subinterface descriptions, but I can not get to any
> valid traffic counters.

    You have to analize the MIB in the cisco router, to see which variables
are available to be monitored, your FreeBSD snmp version installed doesnt
have anything to do with mrtg & monitoring a cisco router by snmp, also in
recent versions of mrtg, you can use the following directive:
LoadMIBs: /usr/local/share/snmp/mibs/cisco3810.mib
in order to use variable names in the "mrtg.cfg" file, this cisco3810.mib
file its the file with the cisco router variables available for this
particular version, I think you can find it in the cisco web page.

Have Fun...
Ales