Date:      Sat, 11 Aug 2007 00:12:58 +0300
From:      Ghirai <ghirai@ghirai.com>
To:        "Doug Poland" <doug@polands.org>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Resolution problem with i810 and Xorg 7.2

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:26:46 -0500 (CDT)
"Doug Poland" <doug@polands.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've got a Compaq nx7400 running on 6.2-STABLE with Xorg 7.2.  Despite
> my best efforts, I'm unable to get the screen into 1680x1050
> resolution.  I have followed the instructions in the handbook but the
> issue appears to be getting /dev/agpgart recognized.
>
> Here's some relevant data...
<snip>

> So all I get out of this flat panel is 1280x1024, which distorts the
> shape horribly because of the different aspect ratio.
>
> Any hints, clues, pointers are very welcome!
>

> --
> Regards,
> Doug

After you install 915resolutions, you would:
#915resolution 5c 1680 1050

Also check the rc startups.

I suggest you leave the xorg.conf as it was generated by default, once you patch
and start KDE/gnome/whatever, you should get the proper resolution.

--
Regards,
Ghirai.