Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:12:23 BST
From:      "Jonathan Belson" <jon@dookie.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   [Q] Upgrading KDE and QT from packages-stable

Hiya

I recently upgraded my 3.4 RELEASE installation to the packages of kde
and
qt from packages-stable so I could install kdevelop.

Although kde and kdevelop appear to work fine on my upgraded machine,
whenever I try to compile a kde app, it crashes on instantiation of the
KApplication object.

This suggests to me there is a library conflict somewhere - but what's
causing
it?  I should be able to upgrade in this way, surely?  The only
solution I can
see is going back to the standard 3.4 release.

C-YA
Jon

<http://www.dookie.demon.co.uk>;