Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 20:46:43 -0400
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Request for tech review: half of FreeBSD book

Nay, enough!

You know, when I requested an article review here several months ago,
I was impressed that I got almost fifty responses.

"So," I think, "how many people could possibly want to review a book?"

In about forty-eight hours, that comes to about 170 people.

I want to publically thank everyone who volunteered.  Responses came
from committers, technical editors from other companies, people I've
seen on -hackers for years, and countless folks who must just read
-hackers in hope of achieving enlightenment.

I can't possibly use everyone.  Even if I had that many books to hand
out to reviewers (which I don't), and even if I took all the reviewers
to Taco Bell during BSDCon (all I could afford to feed that many
people), I wouldn't have time to *read* that many reviews.

Tonight, I'll be doing my best to wade through these volunteers and
try to pick out a few.  Many of you are so bloody qualified it's not
even funny, and I'm extremely gratified that you're all so willing to
take a chunk of your time to review a book.

If you don't hear from me, it doesn't mean that I think you suck.  It
just means that FreeBSD has one hell of a community. :)

Thanks again,
Michael

--
Michael Lucas