Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:21:15 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 7-STABLE deadlock!

Lev Serebryakov wrote:

>  It seems to be ATA/SATA or UFS2 problem: now I have computer in state,
> when 4 iozone processes are hanged in "Disk wait" state, and I can not
> "cd" to filesystem, which is tested by "iozone".
>  But I can create processes, work on system, etc., if I don't touch this
> filesystem.
   I can reproduce it, creating gmirror on 5 disks (yes, not very useful
configuration, but I've started from non-base-system RAID5 and need to
exclude it), FS with 64Kb blocks, and 4 threads of iozone with mixed
workload (-i 8 -+p 70).

   All 5 disks are ICH9DO-based, SATA-II WD5000AAKS HDDs.

--
// Lev Serebryakov