Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 23:00:23 -0600
From:      jomor <jomor@ahpcns.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   cvsup 3.x-STABLE to 4.x-STABLE

I need to bring my home firewall/server up to date. I've been tracking
3.x-STABLE but I want to bring it to 4.x-STABLE. I'm hoping I can just
edit my cvsup "stable-supfile" to point it at the right version, cvsup
the source, and make world without too much clean up.  Anybody care to
share any big "gotchas" that I might come accross with this plan? I've
never tried this between "major" versions but I've done lots of "in
betweens". The server runs natd, ipfw, postfix, BIND 8.3, qpopper,
SAMBA, XNTPD, Apache and Netscape communicator.

                                TIA            ...jgm