Date:      Sun, 18 May 2003 23:03:39 -0700
From:      "Remington L." <madriax@garlic.com>
To:        "'Iain Templeton'" <iain.templeton@cisra.canon.com.au>, <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Weird as* sound problem

I wish I could use 4.X but I'm afraid too. When I have tried I have a
channel dead errors for my sound and nothing can fix that to my =
knowledge.
Another big issue is that to be perfectly honest I have no idea how I =
got
FreeBSD 5 to recognize my sound card, in the past I have always seen "No
device driver attached" to my sound card. Earlier this week I noticed =
all of
a sudden it worked, I don't want to loose this, while it is =
malfunctioning
its farther than it was before.

Another interesting observation, today I did a make buildkernel and my =
sound
worked for the duration of the build, so this IRQ 9 thing seems to fail =
as
the cause of my problem.

Any further thoughts on this issue are greatly appreciated. Thank you =
for
taking the time to help me with this