Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2003 20:10:53 -0500
From:      Jud <judmarc@fastmail.fm>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1046711697.1ee00d@mired.org>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Online intro to FreeBSD/Unix

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:14:56 -0600, Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-
1046711697.1ee00d@mired.org> wrote:

> I have a client that wants to start using FreeBSD, because he wants to
> get back into programming and wants to use the free compilers on
> FreeBSD. However, he hasn't used Unix in 10 years or more, and has
> forgotten all of it.
>
> Is there a PS or PDF document somewhere that serves as an introduction
> to Unix/FreeBSD I can point him at for documentation?

I don't know if this is precisely what your client wants or needs (and they
are HTML rather than PS or PDF, though perhaps they can be converted), but
the FreeBSD Basics articles by Dru Lavigne have been a great help to me
from the time I started FreeBSD (my first Unix) right through the present
day.

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/ct/15

Jud

P.S.  Thanks, Dru.  :)