Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 08:14:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Alwyn Goodloe <agoodloe@gradient.cis.upenn.edu>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   SYN retransmission timer

I just need to make sure that I understand the code correctly in the TCP
stack. (We are trying to see how long the system waits before a SYN gets
retransmitted.)

 When a SYN is sent, a keepalive timer is set with using the
TCPTV_KEEPALIVEINTVL  = 75hz (??ms - escapes me at the moment). So an ack
must be received in this time frame???

  This isnot the usual dynamic tretransmission timmer which might make
sense for SYN packts.

  It seems like a retransmission timer should be set?? That's why I'm
posing the question.

Alwyn Goodloe
agoodloe@gradient.cis.upenn.edu