Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 1999 10:50:48 -0700
From:      "Pleschutznig, Andreas" <Andreas.Pleschutznig@Schwab.COM>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems with incomplete printing

Hi everybody,

I just finished setting up my home gateway system, and server. Then I wanted
to declare the system to be a server for everything at home. (Disk, printer,
...) So far disk is working like a charm, but I'm having slight problems
with the setup of the printing service.

My printer is a Epson Stylus 500 and I connected it via the parallel port
/dev/lpt0. Printing with all goodies, like gs and magicfilter works great as
long as the print fits into the buffer ram of the printer. If I try to print
a longer printout, I only get a half way printed page. It seems to me that
for some reason not everything is printed.

Any hints on why my printer (system) doesn't print longer reports?

Thanks

O, BTW I'm running 3.2 stable

--
Andreas Pleschutznig