Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:38:36 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jon Noack" <noackjr@alumni.rice.edu>
To:        "Ivan Voras" <ivoras@fer.hr>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: QEMU

Ivan Voras wrote:
> Is anybody running qemu successfully on 5-stable? I'm trying to boot a
> knoppix live-cd from iso-image with:
>
> qemu -cdrom knoppix.iso -boot d
>
> It always reboots the computer (no core-dump, no panic, just reboot -
> and that's as user-started process, not under root). Same thing under
> X11 or console.
>
> I've never used qemu before, so it could be my fault :)

I ran the NetBSD 2.0 LiveCD with QEMU last night with no problems (as my
normal user and not as root):
$ qemu -boot d -cdrom i386live.iso
$ pkg_info | grep qemu
qemu-0.6.1s.20041115 QEMU CPU Emulator
$ uname -v
FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #28: Sun Dec 12 02:01:55 CST 2004...

Last night was actually my first time to use QEMU.  I was impressed that
it was so easy to use.  In fact, I was up and running in literally 15
seconds.  Take *that* MS Virtual PC 2004 SP1...

Jon