Date:      Thu, 7 May 1998 10:24:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Rick Knebel <rknebel@csrlink.net>
Cc:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: bios questions

On Thu, 7 May 1998, Rick Knebel wrote:

> Hi,
> I have windows 95 ans freebsd on my ctx notebook.
> I get this error message now on the intial bios bootup that says:
> NoteBios partition does not exist. Run PhDisk.Exe.
> The system will then boot up okay.

You probably wiped out the partition set aside for the Suspend to Disk
function.  You'll have to repartition the disk somewhat to make room (I
think it has to be a partition the size of memory + 4MB or so, you'll have
to check the docs.)

I had a CTX notebook.  Worst one I ever used.  Couldn't stay in one piece.
Saw the repair shop, oh, three or four times. :-(