Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2001 17:48:36 +0400
From:      3APA3A <3APA3A@SECURITY.NNOV.RU>
To:        Zip-Bugs@lists.wku.edu
Cc:        ache@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Fwd: UnZip 5.40 port directory traversal

I  can  confirm  same  behavior  with  latest  5.42  version  which is
currently in FreeBSD ports (maintainer is Andrey Chernov).

There  is  a  same  bug  in  rar  2.0b (it was included in few FreeBSD
collection ports). Latest rar 2.02 hasn't this problem.

rar  2.02  and  PKWare's  pkzipc  strip  ..\,  WinZIP warns user about
directory traversal.

I  will  be  grateful  for  any  kind  of reply. SECURITY.NNOV follows
RFPolicy http://www.wiretrip.net/rfp/policy.html

--This is a forwarded message