Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 05:16:33 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   what to call the patched releases?

Folks,

We have something that isn't quite documented in the FAQ.  I made a
stab at answering this, but Bruce made some comments that made me
really rethink the whole thing.  (That's what a mentor is for, I
suppose.  :-)

We have our new "security patched" branches, i.e., 4.4.  What are they
called?  We can "track -stable", "track -current", i.e.  I've heard
this as "tracking -release", "the -patched" branch, etc.  Do we have
an official name, or should we knock at re@freebsd.org for appropriate
terminology?

==ml
--