Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 00:55:18 -0600
From:      "Josh Paetzel" <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
To:        "Fred Pinzenscham" <sarninja@tds.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Cannot install FreeBDS.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fred Pinzenscham" <sarninja@tds.net>
To: <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2000 12:18 AM
Subject: Cannot install FreeBDS.

> Everytime i try to install freeBDS is comes up with a line saying
Rebooting
> in 15 sec.  Press any key to abort.  If I do not press a key the machine
> will reboot.  If I do press a key a line saying Press any key to reboot
will
> appear.  This will happen after the configuration screen or be for the
> install screen.
>
> Pentium 133, 48mb ram
> 850mb hd, 12x cdrom
> 1 gb hd
> booting from CD
>
> What could be happening?  If you need more info please ask.

Lots of different things...what is on the screen before it reboots?  There
are older Pentium motherboards with IDE controllers that are incompatible
with FreeBSD, perhaps you have one of those....although it could be many
other things as well.  The messages on the screen before the reboot will
most likely contain valuable clues as to the reason behind this difficulty
you are experiencing.

Josh