Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 15:28:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
To:        aunty <aunty@comcen.com.au>
Cc:        Mark Ovens <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: updating ports

Hi Sue,

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, aunty wrote:

> Thanks. I see new ports that I didn't have before, and I see old ports
> with new dates and version numbers, but I can't find openssh or
> OpenSSH or open-ssh in /usr/ports/security nor in /usr/ports/INDEX,
> and when I look via the web site I see a port tarball for it but the
> "source" is just a list of checksums. Others seem to be getting
> openssh automagically and I feel a bit left out :-)

> Now I'm back where I started. Does everyone else's ports tree have
> openssh in it?

Yep.  :-)  As Mark noted, your ports supfile looks okay to me.  You don't
have a refuse file running around do you?

In terms of finding things in INDEX - INDEX is only updated occasionally
when the PW decides it's best (actually I think it's when he builds all
the new packages every other week or so).  In any case, it doesn't get
updated everytime something new goes in the ports tree.

That said OpenSSH shows up in my INDEX now (I just re-cvsup'ed just to
see).

Initial import of openssh happened back on Nov 8th according to the CVS
logs.

Are any of the ports in your security directory getting updated?  Maybe
the permissions got screwed up at some point on this directory?

Brett
Dr. Brett Taylor         brett@peloton.runet.edu    *
Dept of Chem and Physics			    *
Curie 39A	(540) 831-6147                      *
Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics		    *
Walker 234	(540) 831-5410			    *