Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 2002 17:21:10 -0500
From:      SweeTLeaF <SweeTLeaF@myrealbox.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Bad experience

Hello ,

  What is the issue with Freebsd currently? I am trying to move from
  Open to Free and i have to say the experience to date is
  undesirable.....to say the least. I have tried several different
  releases this week and everyone has had issues but the most
  frustrating is the packages. The packages are not there, pkg_add
  wont work with the format when they are there ex. .tbz, packages not
  installing properly ie. not installing their deps and broken links
  and pipes and i mean the latter with regards to the .tgz format
  which is suppose to work. They did not have any packages for the
  release i am currently using ...trying to use (4.7rc2) so i was told
  to use the 4-stable packages. Today i took a peek @ the 4-stable and
  they appear to be missing just a directory link which gives ./dir
  not there errors when trying to access and.... they are once again
  in the damn .tgz format which does not work. This is very
  frustrating and time consuming. I truly hope that the project is not
  normally this sloppy and undocumented, as i continue to look forward
  to my initial goal.

--
Best regards,
 SweeTLeaF                          mailto:SweeTLeaF@myrealbox.com