Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2007 14:42:57 -0300
From:      "Henry Lenzi" <henry.lenzi@gmail.com>
To:        racerx@makeworld.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I like Ubuntu

> > I'll give you a real example. I have a licensed mathematics package
> > called Maple. It expensive. Ubuntu (Debian) just broke the
> > installation from one upgrade to another. They take pride in not
> > keeping backwards compatibility. Then, I used FreeBSD with the Red Hat
> > emulation software, ad I have it running.

Yes. Well, you try that: buy expensive software and go use Ubuntu.
Then, check if works between some release cycle.

I will offer a piece of advice: Linux is so prone to mutation and so
proud in their disregard for any sane ABI policy, that I recommend for
those that wish to use commercial software on Linux that they choose
Red Hat, because that is what all the vendors support, mostly.

Henry