Date:      Thu, 16 May 2002 19:35:03 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Chris Staskewicz <cjs@math.utah.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: no fix for digital camera i/o error

This one has been bugging me for about month now, and I have yet to find
the answer on the internet.   If anyone helps out, I'd be more than happy
to pass along some pictures of Rembrant (sp?) that I took recently in
Amsterdam (they're still on my camera!).

FreeBSD 4.4-Release
even using the GENERIC kernel (with all the scsi code built in: cam,
scsibus, etc) the camera is recognized with the correct amount of memory
(7MB = the space on the Smart Media card).

shell$ dmesg
da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da0: <OLYMPUS C-2040ZOOM 1.00> Removable Direct Access SCSI-2 device
da0: 650KB/s transfers
da0: 7MB (16000 512 byte sectors: 64H 32S/T 7C)

shell$ camcontrol devlist:
<OLYMPUS C-2040ZOOM 1.00> at scbus0 target 0 lun 0 (da0,pass0)

But when I mount (both 'mount' and 'mount_msdos') on /dev/da0, I get
"Input/output error"; mounting on /dev/pass0, gives "Block device required".

Does the code have a bug?  Perhaps, has this question plagued anyone else
enough to where 4.6R will have the fix?

Thank you all so much,

Chris.