Date:      Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:16:20 +0200
From:      Andreas =?iso-8859-1?Q?Wider=F8e?= Andersen <awand@pragma.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IMAP stealing mails from POP3 server (Squirrelmail)

Hi,
I'm running a FreeBSD 4.7 STABLE server with qpopper 4.0.4, Squirrelmail=20
1.2.11 and imap-uw-2002_1 together with other things such as Apache and=20
Proftpd. For outgoing mail I'm using Sendmail and normal FreeBSD mail (not=
=20
maildir).

I'm mainly using POP3 for fetching my emails, but when I'm out travelling=20
I'd like to be using Squirrelmail. Therefore I installed IMAP-UW and=20
Squirrelmail a while back. Everything works perfect except for one thing:

When I'm logged into Squirrelmail and a new mail arrives. Squirrelmail=20
shows it and I can do what I want with it. However, when I try to download=
=20
it later with my POP3 account it's not there... but it's in Squirrelmail!=20
My guess is that IMAP steals it from my POP3 server. The first server to=20
open an email gets it. Is this correct?

How can I use both Squirrelmail with IMAP (which it requires) and a POP3=20
server together and can this be fixed with my configuration?

Thanks!
Andreas

---
Andreas Wider=F8e Andersen <awand@pragma.no>