Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2000 23:21:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Make world error.....

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, John Polstra wrote:

> This is still broken.  I ran into it when upgrading a Feb. 29 -current
> system to today's -current.  I didn't use make -j and I didn't take
> any shortcuts.

Okay, the problem is indeed caused by the fact that there's a dangling
symlink from des.h to openssl/des.h, which at the point of perlifying the
headers hasn't yet been installed in /usr/include (along with a lot of
other headers). It only affects upgrades from within a certain window, and
the fix isn't immediately obvious to me - make world doesn't seem to run a
full 'make includes' prior to doing the perl thing (it just does 'make
install' in include/), and the openssl headers are only installed later in
the installworld.

Running a "make -k installworld; make installworld", or "make includes;
make installworld" will fix this - perhaps we can look at it again after
release.

Kris

----