Date:      Fri, 29 Jun 2007 14:10:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "kalin mintchev" <kalin@el.net>
To:        "Ivan \"Rambius\" Ivanov" <rambiusparkisanius@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jdk15

> Hello Kaline,

hi there Ivan...

>  What I did was to install the native freebsd jdk,
> that is diablo-jdk (port java/diablo-jdk) and then I installed
> java/jdk-15 port.

i'll try that. thanks... will report how it went...

>> after waiting for about 12 hours of compiling i got this awesome crap:
>>
>> Note: * uses or overrides a deprecated API.
>> Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
>> Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
>> Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
>> 21 errors
>> 12 warnings
> I am curious what exactly are your errors? I received some problems in
> compiling Object.java if I remember correctly.

i guess the same. not much of a java fan myself - i just need it for other
stuff to work. the offending class seems to be:
/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/control/build/bsd-i586/gensrc/sun/nio/cs/StandardCharsets.java
and something about "non-varargs call of varargs method"...  whatever that
means...