Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 1997 23:17:47 -0700
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com>
To:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Printer recommendation

On Tue, Sep 16, 1997 at 09:26:01PM -0500, John Fieber wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Sep 1997, Chuck Robey wrote:

[ DELETED ]

> Also, after about 6 years, the paper feed mechanism becomes
> notably unreliable.  This is something to keep in mind since the
> paper handling mechanism is essentially the same on most every
> member of the deskjet family I've seen.  Presumably this is
> something that can be repaired with replacement parts, but I've
> never investigated.

It can be repaired _BUT_ the cost of repairing is close to the cost of a
new unit. Even at HP, where I work, we simply replace broken printers. This
is including the fact that we get a very deep discount on parts and we have
many geeks who would be very happy to spend a lunch hour fixing an old
printer. When your printer dies in 6 years or so just tell yourself, "I got
my money's worth"

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 2.2.2
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses