Date:      Sat, 27 Jul 1996 19:37:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      obrien@cs.ucdavis.edu
To:        FreeBSD-chat@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD misc chating list)
Subject:   Sysadmin magazine

I just noticed the call for papers for Sys Admin magazine
(http://www.samag.com/call.htm).  They plan on making the January 1997
issue devoted to Linux.

    January 1997: Linux
    Proposals due:3 September 1996
    Manuscripts due: 1 October 1996

      Using PCM/CIA cards under Linux
      Writing your own Linux device driver
      An index to available Linux device drivers
      Running non-native applications under Linux
      Using Linux as a dial-on-demand PPP server

Yuck!  IMHO, I'd say FreeBSD would make a better "dial-on-demand PPP
server" than Linux.  [no, I'm not trolling for a flame war]  It would be
neat to see articles about FreeBSD also.  Maybe if there are experienced
people that could write simular articles for FreeBSD we could get more
exposure.

-- David    (obrien@cs.ucdavis.edu)