Date:      Wed, 03 Apr 2002 18:07:39 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/wi if_wi.c if_wi_pci.c if_wireg.h if_wivar.h

In message: <200204031944.g33JiIr69197@freefall.freebsd.org>
            Warner Losh <imp@FreeBSD.org> writes:
:   Modified files:
:     sys/dev/wi           if_wi.c if_wi_pci.c if_wireg.h if_wivar.h
:   Log:
:   Four fixes from NetBSD:
:   1) Properly detect the Symbol based cards (The 3Com Airconnect and their
:      ilk) and only reset them *ONCE* ever.  This appears to make them work,
:      but more testing is needed.  The tests that would wedge up my machine
:      completely now appear to work, but I have not real access points
:      handy.

I've just confirmed that this makes my 3Com AirConnect (aka 3CRWE737A)
work where before it wouldn't work at all with my access point.  Rumor
has it that there are a number of minor bugs (ahem compatbility
issues) with the Symbol firmware that the Linux driver works around in
various ways that aren't in this code (nor in NetBSD's nor OpenBSD's
versions).

In fact, this message is posted using the '737A card that Bill Paul
destroyed at FreeBSDcon '99 and that I pieced back together.

Warner