Date:      Sun, 11 Jul 1999 21:37:02 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Additions to the 3rd chapter

On Sun, Jul 11, 1999 at 10:35:25PM +0300, Narvi wrote:
> If I turn in two additions for chapter 3:
>
> 	* Essential commands
> 	* Where to find more on getting started with unix.
>
> Would they stand any change of getting in?

Yes, definitely.  All submissions are very welcome.  The standard drill of
using send-pr(1) to submit them apply.

Read the FDP primer for hints on style, and your submission will be
committed much faster if

  (a)  It's already in DocBook SGML format

  (b)  The formatting of the source matches the formatting used through
       out the rest of the Handbook.

Otherwise I'll have to run it through the txt2docbook filter, and then
make sure it's formatted nicely, then I'll commit it.

Oh, and obviously the text has to make sense as well :-)

Many thanks,

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>