Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 1997 10:25:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        "Thomas D. Dean" <tomdean@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   Re: reconfiguring kernal

On Sun, 16 Feb 1997, Thomas D. Dean wrote:
> I have always used "make depend"  This may come from other OS's.
> The "make depend" step makes the build safer.

The handbook says to run make depend too.  But since config
just created the source directory and we don't have any stale
.o's laying around what dependencies are there that could be
missed if you don't run make depend?

If I'm leaving myself open to potential problems I'd like to
know about it.

Thanks,
Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com