Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2013 15:56:05 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB ports on Lenovo T400 do not work after a suspend/resume

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 12:07:22 -0700, Adrian Chadd wrote:
 > On 21 June 2013 05:48, Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au> wrote:
 >
 > > No acpidump output on -stable or -acpi anyway .. likely best as an URL,
 > > if it comes down to ACPI.
 >
 > Ok, I'll put it online in a sec.

Doubt I know enough to spot anything askance anyway, but others may.

 > > So the fingerprint reader, camera and bluetooth shown in your usbconfig
 > > don't serve as 'USB devices plugged in' in this regard?  Do they work ok
 > > after resume, or not?
 >
 > they work after resume.

Ok.

 > > No, the above are still on the suspend path, but logged on resume.  I
 > > don't know what CDBS or EXP0,1,3,4 are.  You've left out something like

On reflection I think these are likely the card reader and subsidiaries?

 > > 'pci0:X:Y:0 Transition from D0 to D2' (or D3) before these ones, right?
 >
 > Nope, nothing is left out. I can boot with -v to get _all_ of the
 > messages, if that'll help.

It might.  I've been running with -v for a while so had forgotten that
very little other than USB stuff is logged on suspend/resume without.

 > > was fixed by 9.1 for me, the first release where suspend/resume works
 > > flawlessly on the T23.  I haven't tried a recent 9-STABLE though.

Time I did so I guess, in case this may be a more recent regression and
not specific to the T400.  As soon as I can find a USB keyboard I'll see
how 9.1-RELEASE goes on a friend's T500, which seems generally similar
(going on their combined service manuals).

 > > Well, the earlier resume issues on UHCI might still not be fixed?  You
 > > could try a kernel without UHCI, with the unload/reload dance ..
 >
 > I just tried that. unloading/reloading uhci doesn't affect things -
 > the external ports are still powered down after a suspend/resume pass.

Right; more data anyway.  Hopefully some more clues from boot -v output.

cheers, Ian