Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:21:35 -0800
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   crazy sendmail problem

I have a FreeBSD 4.6.2 system that has a strange mis-feature.  This
machine is the primary MX for 2 domains; the "other" domain is
configured in the mailertable.  When I start sendmail, everything
works fine, but after a while (not quantified yet, more than a
few minutes but less than a few hours) sendmail will claim it cannot
relay for the "other" domain.

This is whatever sendmail came with 4.6.2.  We could upgrade the
machine without too much heartburn, but would like to know why this
is happening first.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can share.

Wes Peters                                                  Softweyr LLC
wes@softweyr.com                                    http://softweyr.com/