Date:      Fri, 8 Jan 1999 19:20:08 +1100
From:      jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Complete FreeBSD, 3rd edition (was: Printed man pages (was: Looking for the best webmaster.))

On Fri, Jan 08, 1999 at 12:30:19AM -0200, Gustavo Vieira G C Rios wrote:

> Greg Lehey wrote:
> > I think the better approach would be to consider a man pages book.  We
> > had thought of this back in 1995, but we never got round to doing it.
> > What do you people think?  The question isn't ``is it a good idea?'',
> > it's ``would you buy one?''.
>
> i would never buy a man page book!!!!!

i would buy one, if i could get one that was well laid out

> i would never waste my money.

a manpages book is an investment .. als fro some people like me with poor
eyes, corneas et al a book is far far easier to read than even teh best
$USD5000 (five thousand dollar) high definition computer monitors.

i agree with you i wouldn't waste teh money either on a poor quality screen,
a good bood is far cheaper and far less money wasting than a home user computer
system used to read manpages.

besides, i like to curl up in bed with a book to read on teh bad days. i tried
that with a monitor once, and while it was warm it left too many brusies and
teh cabling nearly strangled me .. books are far more 'user freindly'.

my apologies if this is too harch to cope with, but thier are people in this
world who have reasons to use books, and not all because they cannot use teh
cheap monitors that are being supplied these days.

regards

jonathan

ps, please excuse my spelling i am a disabled person, with deficiences that
make reading and writing very difficult .. i do teh best i can, thank you.