Date:      Tue, 17 Jan 2012 18:17:30 +0100
From:      Monthadar Al Jaberi <monthadar@gmail.com>
To:        Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installworld: posix_memalign

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 9:54 PM, Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl> wrote:
> Hi Monthadar,
>
> * Monthadar Al Jaberi <monthadar@gmail.com>, 20120116 18:48:
>> I updated my source tree to lastest and buildworld and buildkernel
>> without error. but installworld gives this error:
>>
>> install: posix_memalign.3.gz: No such file or directory
>>
>> checking the the log I see there where some changes done 6 days ago
>> for this file /head/lib/libc/stdlib/Makefile.inc
>>
>> should this line inside Makefile.inc:
>>
>> MLINKS+=3Daligned_alloc.3 posix_memalign.3
>>
>> be changed to
>>
>> MLINKS+=3Daligned_alloc.3
>
> Are you sure about this? Filenames provided in MLINKS are always
> provided in pairs. You specify which file needs to be linked to the
> other. So the aligned_alloc man page needs to be linked to
> posix_memalign.
>
> What happens if you remove your obj-directory before running make
> buildworld/installworld?

I did that and it fixed the problem, but why was it an error in the
first place? shouldn't make take care of these things?

> Thanks,
> --
> =A0Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
> =A0WWW: http://80386.nl/

But now I get another error when installworld

it says:
install: libsbuf.so.5: No such file or directory
** Error code 71

Stop in /usr/src/lib/libsbuf

When I look it seems to have compiled libsbuf.so.6 while 5 is listed
in the Obselete file

my system is
FreeBSD mesh 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0: Tue Jan 17 08:06:03
CET 2012     root@/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

Thank you,
Monthadar Al Jaberi