Date:      Thu, 14 May 2009 03:40:03 GMT
From:      Chris Buechler <cmb@pfsense.org>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/127528: [icmp]: icmp socket receives icmp replies not owned by the process.

The following reply was made to PR kern/127528; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Chris Buechler <cmb@pfsense.org>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/127528: [icmp]: icmp socket receives icmp replies not owned
	by the process.
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 23:08:05 -0400

 A brief addition to Seth's update on this issue, which should provide
 adequate detail. We switched from fping to the stock FreeBSD ping, and
 it made the issue better, but we're still seeing problems with
 FreeBSD's ping. In many circumstances it never appears, in others it's
 very easy to replicate. There isn't any commonality between
 environments that can replicate it, it happens across many types of
 NICs, using VLANs and not, etc. We should be able to arrange access to
 one of the systems that can routinely replicate the problem for an
 interested FreeBSD developer. We're in a bit over our heads here and
 not sure how to troubleshoot further.

 thanks,
 Chris