Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 1997 18:50:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs
Subject:   Re: misc/3946: Errors in RELENG_2_2

The following reply was made to PR misc/3946; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
To: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 20:33:17 -0500 (CDT)

 On 24-Jun-97 Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
 >> Some of the revisions in the RELENG_2_2 branch are causing problems with
 >> missing include files.  I installed all the 2.2.2 sources from CD, did a
 >
 >Are you using the world target?  If not, we can close this PR.

 Well, uh...no.  I first did a make depend just to check everything out,
 which was when the errors were reported.

 I didn't realize this could cause a problem.  I had always thought make
 depend was a good way to do a quick check to make sure everything needed to
 do a build was there.  Apparently, this is not true in the case of building
 the complete source tree?

 Please pardon my ignorance.  If it wouldn't be too much trouble to explain
 what the deal is with this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

 Sorry for the erroneous report.  I'm embarrassed.

 --
 Conrad Sabatier
 http://www.neosoft.com/~conrads/