Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 21:14:15 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Cropper, Jason" <Jason.Cropper@firstworld.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Cardbus support

In message <1BB5F59166EBD211B1860008C7E947D301929EDE@denverx2.dnvr.firstworld.com> "Cropper, Jason" writes:
: 	Warner recently stated cardbus support was working on most laptops.
: How do I implement this driver in my current installation of FreeBSD 4.1.1?

You must run current to get cardbus support.  Jon Chen has a 4.x patch
set that has known issues with it that is likely never going to be
fully backported.  There are too many other issues that you need to
resolve before cardbus will work in -stable.

I know there is a strong desire for this in stable.  I also know that
it is no where near ready to merge and that the merge will be
timeconsuming due to the number of different things that needed to be
touched to get it working so-so in -current.

Warner