Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:57:08 +1300 (NZDT)
From:      Alan Litchfield <alan@alphabyte.co.nz>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: lpd and lpr

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> I assume you have some more lines to that, because that last line
> ends with the continuation character (the "\").  In any case, that

Umm, yeah. After hacking it about a bit I forgot to fix that.

Doesn't make any difference to the outcome though.

> 'sd=' entry is what sets where that single printer queue will put
> whatever files it is spooling.  So, it should be that the files
> are already going to a partition which has plenty of room.

Good, got that bit right then.

> You might want to check the /usr/local/libexec/lprps, to see if
> it is creating files in /tmp or /var.

Please excuse my ignorance, but how do I determine that? lprps is a binary
and so I cannot see what is in it, using vi anyway.

I still get this when I run lpr and nothing prints:

>lpr:  : copy file is too large
Broken pipe
Feb 27 20:45:06 lines lprps[305]: ioctl(TIOCFLUSH):  Inappropriate ioctl
for device
Feb 27 20:45:06 lines lprps[305]: ioctl(TIOCFLUSH): Inappropriate ioctl
for device
Feb 27 20:45:06 lines lpd[304]: remote: job could not be sent to remote
host (cfA020lines)

> lpd_enable="YES"

Thanks, worked a treat. Also fixed a few other variables at the same time
:)

Alan