Date:      Fri, 11 Sep 1998 18:37:33 +0000 (GMT)
From:      System Administrator <root@rabbit.eng.miami.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   owners

I just did an upgrade to the new SNAP verison of cam freebsd, mainly
because something to do with ld.so crapped out and NOTHING was working.

Upgrading has solved some problems and given me a ton of new ones.  The
owners for **ALL** of the files in the /usr filesystem changed to 1032.
What on earth could cause this, and is anyone else having this problem?

Also, i forgot which file (probably in /etc) generates the motd file upon
rebooting.  any ideas?

A good friend of mine told me that 3.0 Beta (which will include CAM
support) is to be released on the 15th, and a month later the final
version.  Will there be any major changes???

as always, thank you kindly.

jack freelander