Date:      22 Jan 96 17:45:49 EST
From:      Bruce Hamilton <76225.2355@compuserve.com>
To:        FreeBSD <Questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Loading FreeBSD

FreeBSD:

I am installing FreeBSD on a second WD drive on my 386 PC.  I have completed the
file mount and selected the proceed option.   When I start the boot from process
the  boot process appears to working OK up to a point then stops with the
message:

PANIC: CANNOT MOUNT ROOT

I have noticed that some of the devices are not located during the boot process.
Any suggestions on how to get around this?  Also, is there a utility for
displaying device addresses and IRQs so I can compare them to the boot info?

Thanks,

Bruce Hamilton