Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 1996 12:03:28 -0600
From:      Dave Bodenstab <imdave@synet.net>
To:        robert@chalmers.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [q] postgres95 help needed

Robert Chalmers asked:

> I have been trying to get postgres to compile, and am getting stuck
> with an error,
>
> obj/PARSER.o: undefined symbol `_yy_flush_buffer' referenced from text segment
> gmake[1]: *** [postgres] Error 1
>
> Has anybody any experience with this package?

FWIW, I ported postgres95-1.08 this weekend... aside from the usual
minor configuration path changes, it compiled and worked without a
hitch.  As for your question, you need a later version of flex; I'm
using flex-2.5.4 (don't use 2.5.3 as it has a bug).  The flex (lex)
that comes with FreeBSD 2.0.5 (and possibly later releases) is too
old and does not contain the yy_flush_buffer() routine.

Dave Bodenstab
imdave@synet.net