Date:      Sat, 21 Aug 2004 21:59:03 +0200
From:      Hanspeter Roth <hampi@rootshell.be>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: suspend on Pavilion hangs

  On Aug 21 at 11:33, Nate Lawson spoke:

> Hanspeter Roth wrote:
> >
> >acpi_lid0: wake_prep enabled for \_SB_.C136 (S3)
[...]
> That message is totally normal and just means that your lid switch is
> being enabled to _wake_ the system.  So if you suspend with 'zzz' or
> whatever, you can still wake via the lid.  This can be disabled via a
> sysctl if you want.

I have now played with `acpiconf -s 4'. This displays several
`something: wake_prep disabled wake for \_SB_.C046.xxx (S4)'
I guess this means that the respective devices cannot wake the laptop
from S4. (But the powerbutton only.)

> of laptops including on Linux.  The process for fixing it is simple:
> begin by auditing all device drivers and fixing their suspend/resume
> methods.  Continue on to fix all X video drivers by getting the

Is there a good sample of a driver where suspend/resume is known to
work?

-Hanspeter