Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2001 20:11:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Radhika Sambamurti <radhika_narendran@yahoo.com>
To:        Rich Winkel <rich@math.missouri.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 3.3.6 -> 4.1 : Same resolution, but everything smaller

You are probably using 75dpi fonts. In the
/usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86config file, you might want to
comment out your 75 dpi fonts, leaving just 100dpi fonts. I
found 100dpi too big, having configured xfstt for true type
fonts. If you have not configured your system for true type
fonts, then using your 100dpi and see if it works.

--- Rich Winkel <rich@math.missouri.edu> wrote:
> Hi, I just upgraded to xfree86 4.1 on my fbsd 4.4
> machine.
> Despite using the same window manager config file and
> running at the
> same screen resolution, everything is much too small on
> the screen.
> Does anyone know what's going on?
>
> Thanks for any help!!
> Rich

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the
message

=====
It's all a matter of perspective. You can choose your view by choosing where to stand.
--Larry Wall