Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 1998 20:11:30 -0700 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        groggy@iname.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hardware Support Issue

> On Sun, 20 Sep 1998, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
>
> ISDN is a waste IMHO.  where i live (US) it costs
> $150 per channel / mo., $300 for both channels (128k).
> i can get 20 56k connections for the same cost.
>
> why would i pay $150 dollars for 64k when i
> i can get 10 56k connections for the same cost?

	Perchance you need to rephrase that to, 'The part of the US I live
in,' In places like Washigton DC, it's only marginally more expensive then
a normal Dial-Up. In any area serviced by GTE, it's $40/month for
net access, and $60/month for the phone line itself. US West use to be
$150 month for 200 hours, 5 cents a minute per channel after that. Now,
they won't even talk to you about it because 'ADSL is so much better.' Of
course prices are going to vary based on what your phone company is able
to do, and how much more equipment they have to install.

					Rick