Date:      Fri, 5 Feb 1999 10:32:20 +0100
From:      Anders Andersson <anders@sanyusan.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   BootEasy and so on...

Hi!

I will set up a new server using FreeBSD 3.0-STABLE, previously I have always
used "dangerously dedicated" disks on my server installations but recently
I picked up some general info about that not being the best thing in the
world to do. Well, let's just say I don't want to use "dangerously dedicated"
disks anymore.

Do I need "BootEasy" if the computer have all disks dedicated
to FreeBSD (but not using dangerously dedicated), will it boot with
the option "Standard MBR" in sysinstall? Or what do you recommend?

Since it will be a server I will reboot it remotely, therefor I don't
want a bootmanager whivh requires some user input at the console.

Cheers,

Anders A.