Date:      Sun, 10 Nov 2002 12:18:58 -0800
From:      "Derrick Ryalls" <ryallsd@datasphereweb.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: How to stop SPAMMER??!

http://logicsquad.net/freebsd/qmail-how-to.html

That is the site I used to get a basic qmail system up and running.  The
file which determines who can use qmail to relay is /etc/tcp.smtp

127.0.0.1:allow,RELAYCLIENT=3D""
192.168.1.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=3D""
:allow

The first two lines allow localhost and local network to relay using the
box, the third line I believe allows anyone to send mail to the box.  If
the people using your qmail have fairly static ip addys, then just added
them to this file with the relayclient option.  Ranges of ips are
enabled via dropping the last octet as shown in line two above.  After
modifying tcp.smtp, you need to run this line for tcpserver

/usr/local/bin/tcprules /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb /etc/tcp.smtp.tmp <
/etc/tcp.smtp

Hope this helps.