Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 1999 20:43:22 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@ares.maths.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        lyz@ems.guangzhou.gd.cn
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP and MEM

> Of course I know I must recompile the kernel when the kernel was modified.
> But the Compaq3000 server didn't suport SMP and 1G mem yet.Hope your help!
> Thanks.

I don't understand.  You've compiled a kernel with SMP support enabled yes?
Are you saying the Compaq server itself has an SMP motherboard which isn't
currently supported?  Also, note the previous posting about the thread on
a reliable 1 Gig of memory which is going on on the freebsd-stable mailing
list (I'd suggest reading through this in the archives).

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 5083