Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 09:09:43 -0800
From:      Dan Mahoney <dan@wolf.com>
To:        Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>, Chris Martino <chrismar@peanut.readington.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Please Add a Veterans Ring of Honor Link"

> I am a vet and am normally sympathetic to vet causes especially where
> combat is involved.  However, after a visit to their web-page, I got the
> feeling that something doesn't ring true.  Read, it appears to be a
> money making scheme.  So phone away, unless they can convince that their
> cause is real.  BTW, I sent them a message to that effect.

I'm not a vet, but I support vets greatly - several of my high
school friends never came home from Southeast Asia.  Still,
SPAM is SPAM and inappropriate is inappropriate.

I get *really* pissed when folks SPAM technical newsgroups. Whenever
that happens, I track down the culprit and complain to their provider
and the provider's upstream.  I'd *really* like to see a lot of other
folks on the list do likewise.  It's only through taking action of
this sort that SPAM gets treated as the problem it is.

Since I *am* supportive of vets, I wrote to the folks at vetring
and told them the next time I see SPAM from them, I'll get their
asses cut off.

I do apologize for taking up bandwidth not related to FreeBSD,
but I do think this an important enough issue to mention on
this forum.